Ace Stop Rust Paint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ace Stop Rust Paint

Post by SubieTrav on April 21st 2012, 9:46 pm

Has anyone worked with Ace tractor and equipment paint? Is it already thinned enough right out of a can, or should it still be thinned more.

I went to Ace to see about getting some Burgundy to finish rolling on my Legacy. They said they couldn't mix it and then said It can't be ordered. So I grabbed a couple cans of Ace Stop Rust oil based International red gloss. The paint out of a can was like water, I thinned it about 50/50 with MS. When I started painting it on the car it literally ran like water. I noticed on the can it said do not thin. The first was tacked in less than an hour, so I rolled on a second coat. This time I added more paint to the very water thin mix I already had left and rolled the second coat. The Second coat went on much better.
SubieTrav
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ace Stop Rust Paint

Post by loneagle on April 25th 2012, 1:09 am

I won't use Ace rust stop again. Too many bubbles to deal with and it dries to a matte finish. Rustoleum is a far superior product!
loneagle
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LV2DRFT on June 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm

Yeah I agree. Precisely Smile

It looks blotchier when polished too! I'm using my leftover for a satin black look on my bicycle though so it won't feel like a waste to buy rustoleum after buying ace stuff
LV2DRFT
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top