Hi - From the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi - From the UK

Post by SteveyJ on July 6th 2012, 9:17 am

Hi all!!!
-
Thought I would register and drop by to say hello as I am going to start writing and reading alot of posts over the coming weeks/months.

I have just decided to paint my VW Caravelle - known in US as a VW Eurovan.

I have opted to go this route as I have read alot of good things about rolling cars with the right products, and perfect for a DIY option asd I haven't got thousands to spend on a cheap day van.

I have am painting as I have spent days and days welding all the rust on the van, and it is now covered in all types of primer and skim filler and want it to look presentable. I have just ordered my paint - and have gone for Rust-Olyum Combi-Colour - mainly just to see if the colour is about right, but still have a little bit more prep on surface rust and body prep to do before I get the job of painting pretty colours.

So I guess now I need a list of what else I need, such as rollars, masking tape, sand paper, mixing pots etc

I'm nervous about doing this but looking forward to the challenge!!

Steve
SteveyJ
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi - From the UK

Post by chopperchuck on July 6th 2012, 11:21 pm

ay ya, i hope your van's not as bad as the ones own by the blokes in my late bay club welcome ,hopefully you'll wait till the 'dry' season,plan doing ALOT of reading,--chuck
chopperchuck
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : working on old junk--work for school dist #6
Project : 70 VW bus,48 Hudson,a few choppers
Registration date : 2012-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum