Please help a newbie from Norway

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help a newbie from Norway

Post by teyssere on October 4th 2013, 6:55 pm

Hi there.

I have been looking for a way to paint my car(Audi a4 1995). Now it got a boring factory silver color, and i want something darker. I found this: eastwood.com/eastwood-meteor-gray-metallic-gallon-kit.html  , and i like the color. Maybe alittle too much pearl, but its still much better than what i have now. So the question is, can i use the paint in that link? If yes, what more do i need? Is it best to use a spraygun or roller? If i CANT use that paint, can someone point me in the right direction to where i can find something similar to that color? Also, if the car is free of rust and dents, how long would it take to do the whole car? Just an estimate, cause i know this depends on many factors.

Here in Norway the temperature varies alot. From -30C in the vinter, to +40-50C in the summer. . . Evil or Very Mad 

I really appreciate the help i can get, since im new to this, and we dont have anything like Rustoleum in Norway(As i know of)

Best regards Stephan
teyssere
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help a newbie from Norway

Post by Samilcar on October 6th 2013, 12:33 pm

That's a metallic paint, so it would have to be sprayed, not rolled. The multiple thin coats that a roller job requires makes the metallic flakes "lay down" and look strange.
Samilcar
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 76
Project : 1998 Jaguar XJ8 - Kirker Ultra-Glo Black
Registration date : 2011-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdiddy on October 10th 2013, 7:43 pm

Hi Stephan,

Samilcar is right. IF you are planning to roll you would need a solid color. If you are planning to spray you could use that color BUT ....and this is a BIG but! It is single stage paint and if you try to wetsand and or buff much after application you will expose the metal flake and it will corrode with exposure to the elements.

If you want to go the Rustoleum route check with some of your local paint suppliers and see if you can get "Alkyd Enamel" that is basically what Rustoleum/Tremclad is.
kdiddy
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top