Should I sand it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I sand it?

Post by Corpse~Kid on April 15th 2008, 8:10 am

This project is taking me forever but I am learning alot. With that said I rolled on 2 coats of grey sanded with 400 rolled on 2 more sanded with 600 then decided to change back to black. I rolled the whole truck with the intentions of rolling 2 coats then sanding with 600 again then 2 more coats before moving up to 800. my problem is all the black went on nice and easy except for the drivers side rear quater it had tons of bubbles and seemed to be drying way to fast. I realized that I left the paint in a mixing cup in the sun and I think it got to hot ( temp was 85) because when i moved it back into the shade and the container cooled down the rest went on smooth. Ok heres my question. Should I wetsand this now with one coat on to knock down the messy rear quater or should i just paint over it and knock down the whole truck at once? Sorry for the long post.
Corpse~Kid
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I sand it?

Post by JMJ Rick on April 15th 2008, 8:40 pm

It doesn't hurt to sand more if needed. I would fix any major issues before moving on. You might not need to sand the whole car, just the problem areas. Painting over bumps and valleys will just make them bigger and more work to fix later.
JMJ Rick
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Printshop owner
Project : 91 Geo Storm GSi, 93 Geo Storm, 66 Chevy pickup
Registration date : 2007-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top