Primer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Primer

Post by markw on November 7th 2008, 10:04 pm

Has anybody used the Interlux Brightside Pre-Coat Primer ? It's a roll on primer with microspheres for high build and easy sanding. Sold at marine supply stores. Just wondering how it compares to rattle can primer for smoothing before paint. $35 / quart , but it probably goes further than rattle cans so it may be cheaper if you prime the whole car.
markw
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Machinist
Project : 1967 Camaro
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primer

Post by retired plumber on November 8th 2008, 1:05 am

I have never used it but I will say that for sure it will go farther than spray cans. You only get a table spoon or two of paint in a spray can anyway and at $3-$4 a can.........Go for the quart and prime the whole car. Also a one color base coat is the only way to go as far as I am concerned because sometimes the underbase will show through the top color when seen at the right angle. I know this because I painted my truck (sprayed) a metallic red. Well, the hood had two different colors of primer and they show through four coats of paint. Looks good when dirty but when really clean in the sun you can see the differences if you look just right. Most people don't even see it but I can. Its just a work truck tho so I don't really care.
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top