Buffer for Paint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buffer for Paint

Post by T-Bucket Bob 23 on April 1st 2010, 10:39 pm

Hey Guys,

What is a good buffer, cheap in price and something that would last for buffing out the paint?

Thanks, T-Bucket Bob Smile
T-Bucket Bob 23
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Shipping - Receiving Clerk
Project : 1923 Ford T - Bucket
Registration date : 2008-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Buffer for Paint

Post by retired plumber on April 1st 2010, 10:50 pm

I got my buffer from harbor freight for I believe $29.95 on sale. It is a veriable speed and was yellow. I know several people that have the same one and they are all happy with it as I am with mine. For a cheap tool that is used occasionally its good but if it will be a daily used tool you need to step up and spend more. There are some pro detailors here now and they can steer you down that path.
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 63Falconconvert on April 2nd 2010, 8:05 am

Hey T...welcome back.....
I agree with Mike, Harbor freight has a decent one for cheap. Ulness you're using it everyday for business then I believe that a HF buffer isa good choice.
Hows the bucket coming along?
63Falconconvert
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1275
Job/hobbies : Sales welding supplies
Project : 1963 Falcon Convertible
Registration date : 2009-04-06

View user profile https://bobs1963fordfalconconvertible.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stang_krazy on April 2nd 2010, 2:39 pm

T-Bucket Bob 23 wrote:Hey Guys,

What is a good buffer, cheap in price and something that would last for buffing out the paint?

Thanks, T-Bucket Bob Smile

Hey T-Bucket

I know you said cheap but for something thing that you could grab a foam cutting pad and some meguiars M105 or even the new Ultimate compound (that you could go get at your local wally world) and remove sanding scratches out of your final sanding and then change to a foam polishing or finishing pad and apply a near perfect show car detail on your paint or even let a child use it on your paint without doing any harm to the paint is maybe the best versatile buffing machine out there!!!!!

Check out this video my Joe of superior shine (perhaps one of the best polisher out there!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgqzcSGWTU0&feature=player_embedded

Also if your might be interested one the best places to purchase from.
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/meguiars-g110-v2-da-polishers.html

Also with the last option of the 6 listed (from $149.00 to $249.95 with free shipping now)you will have everything (except a cutting pad,which rick will switch out for you if you would like) needed to do the finial wet sanding plus like I mentioned to keep your rolled on paint looking like a show car paint finish!

Again I know it's not the cheap option but I have the orginal G100 and also have a new 9227CX5 makita (will be getting the newG110v2 as soon as I get my makita paid off) but my old G100 can and does remove sanding scratches with a foam cutting pad and with the right product & technique but what I'm getting out is the new G110v2 is alot better and more powerful when pressure is applied as seen in Joes video.

You can keep an eye out on e-bay for a good used (porter cable-g100 or the g110v2 stay away from the old G110) DA/porter cable.

Hope this helps out.

Have some pics of my 4 year old son using my G100 on his power wheels truck to remove scratches will post up a couple on here when I get alittle free time.
stang_krazy
200+ Poster!
200+ Poster!

Number of posts : 247
Job/hobbies : snap-on tools/always testing out different techniques
Project : Hopefully a 77-81 trans-am
Registration date : 2010-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content