Another New Guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another New Guy

Post by petieg383 on May 27th 2010, 10:12 am

Hello everyone. I've been researching this for several months. I'm totally loving the idea. I have a 1971 Camaro that I want to paint in the near future once the engine & trans are back in (454 & a 4 speed). I'm going with Orange with the traditional black SS/Z28 stripes and black around the tailights for that Big Block Car look.

Does anyone live in/around the Philadelphia area with a Rolled On paint job? I'd love to see one up close, the type of car doesn't matter. If not, that's OK. I'm sold on the idea anyway. It'll be mostly a drag/fun car so chips, scratches and road dirt are going to get on the car because I plan on driving the pee out of it. I've had the expensive paint jobs and hated caring for it. This is certainly a great alternative.

Keep the good info coming.
petieg383
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 5
Project : 1971 Camaro
Registration date : 2010-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another New Guy

Post by 63Falconconvert on May 27th 2010, 2:43 pm

Welcome.... Those F-bodys are great cars. Post some pics when you can, we love to see projects.
63Falconconvert
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1275
Job/hobbies : Sales welding supplies
Project : 1963 Falcon Convertible
Registration date : 2009-04-06

View user profile https://bobs1963fordfalconconvertible.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by petieg383 on May 27th 2010, 2:54 pm

I'll do you one better. Here's a video of it with the 350 that blew up a few months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC-McGErtLo

Highlights:
It had the original 350 in it with a Comp 280 cam and some other goodies. It lost oil pressure and called it a life. It's Minitubbed with MT 29x15.5x15 tires on Weld Pro Stars, 8 point S&W cage, frame rails and subframe connectors - I did all the work myself inside a car tent at my Mother In Law's house. Also has the Fuel cell in trunk, Holley Electric Pump, new brake lines, fuel line, etc. Stock interior except for some trimming around the wheel tubs.

I'll definitely get some additional pics up here when I can. I'm in the middle of cleaning up the engine bay before I drop in the 454.
petieg383
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 5
Project : 1971 Camaro
Registration date : 2010-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down