some questions about brightside

View previous topic View next topic Go down

some questions about brightside

Post by yangd01234 on July 6th 2010, 2:06 am

Hello all, im new to the forums and just had some questions about the brightside paintjob.
(btw i tried searching all over first couldnt find any answers)

1. how long should i let a layer of brightside dry between coats?
2. I have an acura integra 1994 should i buy two quarts?
3. Do i need to primer the car beforehand or can i just sand down the paint and roll on
4. I am changing the color from red to white typically how many coats should i expect to do?
5. do i need to clearcoat brightside?

thanks for the xpert advice!
yangd01234
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: some questions about brightside

Post by retired plumber on July 6th 2010, 6:09 pm

I've never used brightside but I will try your other questions.
Always buy more paint then you think you need. Nothing is as bad as running out of paint in the middle of the last coat. You can usually get the same color in the next can .....but..... paint is mixed in large batches and the color MAY be off just a touch. You won't see it when you open the can but will when two different batches are put side by side. The odds of this happening is small but it does happen. Also if you get several cans, mix them all together first and then put them back in the cans just for this reason.
I always recommend a light primer on the whole car first. I don't care how careful you sand , you will go through in places and need primer there. It dosen't need much, just enough to cover and the lighter shade the better. Especially since you are going from red to white. Lighter colors don't cover dark colors very well unless there is a lot of paint applied. Having the car all one light shade means quicker total coverage and less work also (meaning less coats)
How many coats? No good answer to that. I would say total coverage plus enough to color sand out orange peel and buff with out going through. That depends on how thick the paint was put on and how bad the O.P. is. Hows that for an answer?
Good luck
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yangd01234 on July 6th 2010, 7:08 pm

that was great and very informative thanks alot i guess im going to get started on this project next week when the paint arrives.
now i just need to find out how long it takes to dry!
yangd01234
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top