Mineral Spirits NLA?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mineral Spirits NLA?

Post by 82eye on August 29th 2010, 6:27 pm

where are you guys getting your mineral spirits? i was sourcing supplies around town for a future project and noticed that straight mineral spirits are suddenly non-existent. all the usual suspects, big box hardware stores, and paint stores here have stopped carrying it. some places still had small quart bottles but it was pricey and nothing was available in gallon jugs. the clerks i asked all informed me they were no longer carrying the product or could no longer order it.

the one place i did see it was wal-mart, i grabbed the last two jugs, i'm worried i won't be able to source it in the future. has anyone else encountered this issue or have any insight?

Last edited by 82eye on August 29th 2010, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
82eye
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mineral Spirits NLA?

Post by JimVonBaden on August 29th 2010, 10:33 pm

Pay close attention to the containers marked "Paint Thinner". It is often 100% mineral spirits.

Jim Cool
JimVonBaden
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 89
Job/hobbies : DHS
Project : 1973 Opel GT
Registration date : 2010-05-24

View user profile http://www.jimvonbaden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 82eye on September 1st 2010, 2:22 am

i checked, varsol, recordsol, but no mineral spirits. it just may be a local shortage (?)

edit: and nothing called "paint thinner". the mineral spirits i did find were produced by the same company as most of the other products available local, and the graphics on the jugs suggested it was current with their other offerings. scratch
82eye
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 82eye on September 7th 2010, 9:23 am

did some more checking in the last couple weeks. mineral spirits are no longer being carried by anyone other than wal-mart here, as a result wal-mart is constantly sold out.
82eye
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top