New guy, is there an FAQ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New guy, is there an FAQ?

Post by CheapRanger on October 3rd 2010, 1:49 am

Hello, I looked at some of these paint jobs on another forum a few years ago. Recently I found this place. Is there an FAQ section? Are there colors you all find that don't work as well as others? I have a toy vehicle that may change into a different toy vehicle and am interested in trying this on either one.

Thanks
CheapRanger
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome FAQs

Post by Mercurymarc on October 4th 2010, 2:37 am

Dear CR,
Welcome!
Not sure about the FAQs but I do think white is the most forgiving- that's what I have heard.
I did mine white with blue stripes.
However, I say use the color that you like the best since the point of a toy is to have fun!
One tip- it you use a standard rustoleum standard color, you may be a able to use a perfectly matched color in a spray can right off the shelf. I experimented with some turquoise (very 60s appropriate) by mixing p can of white, one of blue, and one green but in the end chose plain gloss white since it came in spray and cans. The spray is convenient for the door jams, hood underside, trunk, touch ups, etc.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Marc in SF
64 Comet rolled white
http://whitecomet.co.nr
Mercurymarc
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 61
Project : 1963 Mercury Comet
Registration date : 2009-06-26

View user profile http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/comet0/White_Comet/Home_Page.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: New guy, is there an FAQ?

Post by Squire Cobra Jet on October 4th 2010, 11:52 am

Mercurymarc is correct about the white being the most forgiving when it comes to flaws that are under the paint and Black hides nothing, almost all flaws will show through black paint. I have found that some of the lighter colors like yellow require a few extra coats to get full coverage when changing the color of the car.
Squire Cobra Jet
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New guy, is there an FAQ?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top