View previous topic View next topic Go down

it is what it is

Post by occupant on October 18th 2010, 9:03 pm

this is a new member posting

something about who I am, what I do, why I'm here, et cetera

some kind of funny witticism

vague closing

Did I get it right?

I'm killing time while I wait for my mechanic to fix my steering column. Then I have a laundry list of stuff to buy. I have a POS car which will get its own thread and I want to make it look nice before I sell it off. After reading through thousands of posts at Moparts, it seems I have hundreds or thousands more to read on here. I did the same thing before fixing a head gasket on an Intrepid back in 2007. It was definitely worth the effort as that car hasn't broken down again at all. I fixed so much stuff while the heads were off at the machine shop that I might as well have rebuilt the whole car. I hope to do the same here. Polishing a turd? Hardly. Bringing a new life to a vehicle? Absolutely.

I expect this to work quite well if I get the prep done and don't get too rushed. This is why I plan to build a kid-free dust-free little temporary paint booth to do this in. Gravel roads by my house. Kids aged 2, 3, 4, 9, and 11. If my wife allows me the time needed to make this right, well, we'll see how this works out. Seeing no post from me for awhile, you can figure I either didn't get started, or I started and got interrupted and would have to start over, or I got finished and then something horrible happened like a tree falling or a lightning strike.
occupant
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : 33, SAHD, 7 kids, no money, no time
Project : 76 Gran Torino, 98 Silhouette
Registration date : 2010-10-18

View user profile http://mybeaterworld.com

Back to top Go down

Re: it is what it is

Post by retired plumber on October 22nd 2010, 11:05 pm

You got it right but thats the first time I ever actually seen it put into words. You will fit right in here. Two things we like here are pictures and doughnuts, not necessarly in that order Laughing . Actually there are three things. We also enjoy questions.
Welcome.
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum