New Member From Canada

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Member From Canada

Post by Poppashango on October 19th 2010, 6:17 pm

Hey all! My name is Tony and I am in Edmonton Alberta, transplanted from Southern California. I bought a 1991 Chevy Astro about a year ago, replacing 87' I lost about 10 years ago. (Traded it in on a new car for the wife) I have always been a big fan of these vans so when the opportunity arose I bought another. It runs outstanding and looked pretty good, but it had some body rot on the drivers side just before the rear wheel. I have a little experience in gun painting as I use to work on cars (mostly VW's) with my Father when I was younger.

I am now a bicycle mechanic and I build customs and restore vintage bicycles for a hobby. I wanted to repair the rust damage on my Astro before it got any worse and give my van a facelift that was a little more my style. My first impulse was to spray it as I would normally do..but my experience has been when refinishing bicycles ( I spray them with my HVLP ) that is does tend to create quiet the cloud around the house...I imagined the van would be a nuclear mushroom cloud on the whole block..much to my neighbors displeasure I'm sure.

So I started looking for an alternative method and found the Moparts string..The idea seemed feasible and my father always said there was nothing a little color sanding couldn't fix. So I decided that I would give method a good run for it's money!

I'll post my project photos shortly and look forward to any input and advice that anyone here has to share.

Thanks and best wishes on all your projects!
Poppashango
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Bicycle Mechanic, Custom builder and Restorer
Project : 1991 Cevy Astro Van
Registration date : 2010-10-19

View user profile http://www.roguespherecyclery.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: New Member From Canada

Post by 63Falconconvert on October 20th 2010, 7:59 am

Welcome....
63Falconconvert
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1268
Job/hobbies : Sales welding supplies
Project : 1963 Falcon Convertible
Registration date : 2009-04-06

View user profile https://bobs1963fordfalconconvertible.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppashango on October 20th 2010, 3:24 pm

63Falconconvert wrote:Welcome....

Thanks 63Falconvert
Poppashango
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Bicycle Mechanic, Custom builder and Restorer
Project : 1991 Cevy Astro Van
Registration date : 2010-10-19

View user profile http://www.roguespherecyclery.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Squire Cobra Jet on October 23rd 2010, 11:49 pm

Welcome to the site. I use to be a very active Triathlete until health issues sidelined me a few years ago. As I am regaining my health now I hope to get back to the level of activity I use to be at, especially the cycling. I still have a Couple of Griffins, one Tri-bike and one track, as well as a Soft-ride Tri-bike and a Cannondale Road bike just waiting for me to get back on and ride.
Squire Cobra Jet
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top