1991 Firebird...SPRAYED with tractor paint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1991 Firebird...SPRAYED with tractor paint

Post by Eddy on October 31st 2010, 12:30 pm

I started out rolling Rust-o-leum on the car a couple of years ago and that didn't work out too good for me. So, I stripped it all off and sprayed it Rust-o-leum with a Wagner Power Painter. It came out pretty good, but the maintenance to keep it looking good was a pain...a wax job at least once a week or it would loose it's luster.

I have two HUGE threads on thirdgen.org about both of my paint jobs on the same car so you can see what results I had with both methods. I decided to make my car the test mule.

Here's the Rust-o-leum thread: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/auto-detailing-appearance/475199-my-budget-paint-job.html

A little over a year ago I stripped all the Rusto off and decided to do a little shaving of the car and re-painted it with Valspar Tractor & Implement paint. This is by far the best alternative to cheap paint jobs that I have found. The results were AMAZING and still, a year later the car still looks great! I don't have a garage so the car sits outside every single day in all the elements year round. There is virtually no upkeep with this paint and it still looks awesome with weeks to months in between waxings.

Here's the Valspar Tractor Paint thread: http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/body/546612-ultimate-budget-paint-job.html

This is simply to show you what I have experienced and what I have gone through painting in the worst possible conditions. Both jobs were done in my gravel driveway under an oak tree.
Eddy
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 5
Project : 1991 Trans Am Clone
Registration date : 2008-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1991 Firebird...SPRAYED with tractor paint

Post by Tommy Hillbilly on November 1st 2010, 1:16 am

Nice! I've seen your car in my WWW searches on budget paint. That's a good color for that car too.

I'm leaning more toward the Valspar along with their hardener. Still gonna roll it on though, and probably add some penatrol.

We can't see most of your pics on 3rdgen, unless we join up. I used to belong on that board, but I can't remember my screenname there... scratch
Tommy Hillbilly
400+ Poster!
400+ Poster!

Number of posts : 596
Project : 1988 Mustang GT convertible
Registration date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top