New Member Norhtern Cali

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Member Norhtern Cali

Post by o0hell0o on November 14th 2010, 6:05 pm

Been reading over the forums here and thought I might as well become a member.
I have an Old Clunker 75 Nova Custom I picked up for $400, about 2 years ago and decided to fix her up.
I've already done quite a bit of work to her.. nothing pro here, just tinkering.
o0hell0o
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Self Employed
Project : 75 Nova Custom/L6
Registration date : 2010-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Member Norhtern Cali

Post by retired plumber on November 15th 2010, 10:49 pm

Most of those old chevys are worth fixing up if they start, drive, stop and your feet don't go through the floorboards.LOL. Best thing about then is NO COMPUTER JUNK and the average guy can work on them, well, at least you can see the engine.
Welcome. We like pictures and questions and once in a great while we have a doughnut fight Laughing
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by o0hell0o on November 16th 2010, 2:30 am

Well this one does run.. and after a bit of cleaning and tinkering runs very well.. Drives Great. I'm Starting the body work but don't know how exact I want to get it. Or willing to spend the time and money on. Not looking for it to look flawless. I'v found after I removed the driver front q panel it looks like it was in a good wreck. And while still cleaning finding a lot of welding splatter. And now found a bunch of bondo on both rear sides. I'm thinking of either yellow or orange with while racing stripes. And since my local hardware sells the Rust Stop I'll be using that. I'll try sending pics. I've spayed paint on before but never roll.. but for me I think I will try it. I work from home as a PC tech so I do get down time to work on it every day. I was thinking of part at a time and work my way around.
A cpl question though.
Cost is a concern to me.. On average how much sand paper will I be burning through once I start rolling compared to spraying?
And
I did try rolling and brushing on some primer. Some say dont thin the primer. I did 75% primer 25% MS and it orange pealed and I had a lot to sand back down almost right to where I was before the primer. Anybody have a pointer on mix of primer? Should I try thinner or thicker? Winters here and I do this outside.. if thicker how long would it take to dry enough so dew/rain wont bother it.
o0hell0o
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 63Falconconvert on November 18th 2010, 9:14 am

Welcome from NY...I'll trade your winter for our winter anyday.... Laughing
63Falconconvert
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1275
Job/hobbies : Sales welding supplies
Project : 1963 Falcon Convertible
Registration date : 2009-04-06

View user profile https://bobs1963fordfalconconvertible.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by o0hell0o on November 18th 2010, 1:16 pm

How about we split it. 1/2 winter.. and you also get 1/2 of summer. We had summer mild this year.. Didn't hit 115*, just 110* And I also get a 40mph breeze and up probably 3/4 of the year.
BTW... I'll try and post pictures, but i keep forgetting to take any.. If I work on it, I don't normally just take breaks. I work till I get a call and have to do "Real Work" and then get right back to it after.

Oh. and the nova will be painted safety orange
o0hell0o
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content