'98 International 9300

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: '98 International 9300

Post by joshc on January 4th 2011, 1:48 am

Tommy Hillbilly wrote:That's a lot of surface area! Gotta love the way water beads on fresh paint.
Didn't you say you were going with the same color? The pics make it look more teal-ish.

I think the color in the pictures is the combination of the light and the camera on my new phone, which is a different one than the one I took the original pictures with. If anything, the new paint is slightly further away from the blue end of the spectrum. Look at how much the blue masking tape on the headlight and radiator stands out-I think this phone just picks up a lot of blue. But yeah, a lot of surface area, especially with a touch-up gun.
joshc
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Trailer Truckin'
Project : '98 Cornbinder
Registration date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joshc on January 4th 2011, 1:57 am

austin26372 wrote:So far so good!

Thanks!

I didn't get much done today, a buddy of mine came into town, and before I knew it, it was after five and I was just getting back home to get started. I did manage to hit a couple of spots with rubbing compound, and I think it's going to come out OK without wet sanding except in the very worst areas. We'll see, I plan on working on that a lot tomorrow.
joshc
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired plumber on January 4th 2011, 4:11 pm

There comes a time when you HAVE to say enough is enough.
Years ago I had a 50 merc leadsled and and I drove it as I worked on it. anyway, It probably had 5 different paint jobs because it was "not show worthy" (I wasn't really happy with it). Finally I realised I wasn't perfect Sad and neither was the car so Since that was the best it would ever be, enjoy it and drive it.
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joshc on January 4th 2011, 4:21 pm

retired plumber wrote: There comes a time when you HAVE to say enough is enough.
Years ago I had a 50 merc leadsled and and I drove it as I worked on it. anyway, It probably had 5 different paint jobs because it was "not show worthy" (I wasn't really happy with it). Finally I realised I wasn't perfect Sad and neither was the car so Since that was the best it would ever be, enjoy it and drive it.
Mike

Thanks, I' thinking the same thing. I've accomplished my goal of having good enough paint on it to pull up somewhere and not have paint that's obviously peeling off. It's a good, consistent finish. The more I polish on this thing, the more I'm realizing it's going to need another coat or two before I could even think about it being perfect, and I just don't have time for that. Sitting around the house not making any money is driving me way more crazy than a little dull paint or orange peel ever would, so I'm inside now taking a short break from what's going to be the last of the polishing I do.
joshc
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Hillbilly on January 5th 2011, 4:23 am

retired plumber wrote:enjoy it and drive it.
And capitalize on it... Twisted Evil
Tommy Hillbilly
400+ Poster!
400+ Poster!

Number of posts : 596
Project : 1988 Mustang GT convertible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content