What's going on with my paint??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's going on with my paint??

Post by Lil Neon on January 7th 2011, 7:18 pm

I'm currently rolling Rustoleum Safety Orange mixed about 1:1, Rusto:Mineral Spirits/Penetrol. My first few coats have rolled on as expected but it's starting to group up weirdly now. It looks like water on a waxed surface except that it doesn't really run.

That pic is paint on a vertical surface too. There are patches of paint like that in the middle of the areas that I've rolled. What I've been doing is just going over those areas a few times with the roller and they finally stick with the rest of the paint. I thought it might just be that the car is really cold, but it even happens on the hood which gets a lot of sunlight from the garage window. So now I'm wondering if anyone knows what would cause it to act like this? Is my paint mixed incorrectly (first time using this Penetrol stuff), temperature, rolling method?? sigh

Lil Neon
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 47
Job/hobbies : Electronics/Technician
Project : 1979 Datsun 280zx
Registration date : 2009-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's going on with my paint??

Post by Lil Neon on January 8th 2011, 6:29 am

Well I put an entire coat on with it doing this intermittently. I just gave the areas that were weird some extra attention with the roller. The paint is dried now and I don't see any dramatic flaws in it. We'll see if it created a ton of orange peel tomorrow when I wet-sand.
Lil Neon
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 47
Job/hobbies : Electronics/Technician
Project : 1979 Datsun 280zx
Registration date : 2009-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top