1970 VW Bug UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1970 VW Bug UK

Post by jjay on February 5th 2011, 4:07 pm

Hi,
JUst wanted to say hello and the reason why I`ve signed in. My name is Jay and I bought a Junkyard 1970 VW Bug last year. I already have a Campervan and wanted to tryout the whole $50 paintjob on something. There is a big VW scene in the UK and most sites like stock, as from the showroom cars, some are a bit snooty about the whole paint thing but I thought what the heck. I gave my 6 year old Surf dude son a pack of crayons and said " draw me the bug you want" ! he did and weve kindof dunit. I used Brightside by interlux, we live on the coast so there are plent of boatyards to get supplies and advice from. I thinned, wetsanded and gravity sprayed / rolled away into the wee hours. from the multi coloured wreck to something a bit `90s most people dont get it but its kept my son very happy! will be dressing and adding alloy wheels , lowering ,bumpers chromework etc soon Still not cut back and polished yet wanted to leave it as long as possible to do that. Great site nice to see other peoples projects, and yes it does stop raining enough over here to roller! Smile

trying to put picutres up Embarassed when we bought it for $500

Last edited by jjay on February 6th 2011, 6:08 am; edited 2 times in total
jjay
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 1
Project : VW anything
Registration date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1970 VW Bug UK

Post by mapexgurl on February 5th 2011, 5:24 pm