92 Mustang 5.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

92 Mustang 5.0

Post by ndtguy on July 9th 2011, 8:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Matt. My family and I live in the Las Vegas, NV area.

I found this forum after researching some other rolled on sites. I was highly impressed with some of the projects that I checked out, especially the 78 Mustang Cobra. After showing the wife some of the progress that was/is made with the rolled on paint job, I think she's quite ok with me doing so in the garage. Smile I have read a lot on this site and there is a lot of great information out there.

I have a 92 Mustang 5.0/5 speed that's basically stock. The mods: Mac shorty headers, unknown off-road x pipe and a flowmaster cat back (probably a 3 chamber since it's quiet for having no kitties on it). The rest of the mods are camber caster plates, adjustable clutch quatrant and 94-95 5 lug/disc brake conversion which, IMHO, is a must for these cars. Love it. I've also installed a rebuilt T5 and a new spec stage 1 clutch.

For the last few months, I ripped the interior out, replaced the old grey ugly carpet with a black carpet. I've cleaned up all the panels in the car and painted everything black (that wasn't vinyl...that will happen next weekend). I will install the seats tomorrow AM when it isn't 100+ degrees out.

I still have to get the body work completed. The front end was lightly tagged and need a few panels replaced/worked on. Not 100% sure when I'll be able to get this all completed with Kido #2 on the way (due in September) and the wife and I are trying to pay everything off ASAP outside of the house. Hopefully next year I can start on the body/paint work on the car.

Hope all is well

Matt
ndtguy
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : NDT/family, cars, movies, music
Project : 92 Mustang 5.0 LX
Registration date : 2011-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 92 Mustang 5.0

Post by retired plumber on July 10th 2011, 12:51 pm

Welcome from Tucson Matt. There are lots of mustangs here to get ideas from. Anything you want to know, just ask. We like questions and pictures.
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ndtguy on July 10th 2011, 3:09 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. When we lived in Tucson in 2006-mid 2007, we lived just past the road you turn left to go to Mt. Lemmon on Tanque Verde. We were in the apartments there for about a year and a half.

We really like Tucson. We met a lot of good folks down there and some cool cars. I loved how long the line was at In-n-Out when it first openned. :-)

I do have one question. RustOleum's topside "battleship grey" or "navy blue". Anyone use the topside yet?
ndtguy
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cac1967 on July 10th 2011, 9:52 pm

Greeting's from NC!!! Yes many of the people on the forum use the topside with great result's, rmdhokie di his 68 stang with topside and it look's awsome!!! 63falconvert is doing his falcon with topside, good luck with your project!! If you have any questions feel free to ask ,and post plenty of pic's , we love the pic's!!!!
cac1967
400+ Poster!
400+ Poster!

Number of posts : 562
Job/hobbies : auto parts manager/classic and antique cars
Project : 1964 falcon,1967 mustang fastback
Registration date : 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ndtguy on July 10th 2011, 11:08 pm

Thanks CAC. I'm reading reading reading right now. Like I said, probably sometime next year to do the body work and paint.

Yes, the projects on this board are impressive. I told my co-worker at work and he wasn't sure until he seen some of the projects on here and was impressed. Better than spending 4-6k on just the paint job out here : Shocked
ndtguy
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cac1967 on July 11th 2011, 10:02 pm

Yes ,they are some really nice car's on the forum, Hopefully I can start on my falcon soon, I'm going with a light blue mix of rustoleum professional of my own , it will be sprayed. but I have the place and the equipment to spray it. I did the door jamb's on my 87 ford ranger with my habor freight detail gun, the result's were amazing, I've painted for 21 year's as a hobby, I've painted with name brand, high dollar paint's ,and the rusto is as good as those in my opinion, my ranger need's some touch up painting,and I will do it with rustoleum!!! thumbs up
cac1967
400+ Poster!
400+ Poster!

Number of posts : 562
Job/hobbies : auto parts manager/classic and antique cars
Project : 1964 falcon,1967 mustang fastback
Registration date : 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content