1991 Toyota Camry in Rustoleum Topside Blue

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 1991 Toyota Camry in Rustoleum Topside Blue

Post by 77caprice on November 23rd 2011, 11:17 pm

Wow, that turned out nice, im definitely painting my car that color. I was gonna do mine in regular gloss black but seeing my favorite color with great gloss, PLUS UV PROTECTION!!, im sold. I guess you've finished your camry by now, if so i would love to see the final product.

77caprice
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : semi shade tree mechanic, online gaming, rap music production, leopard gecko care
Project : 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic(Laying the paint on her!)
Registration date : 2011-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisbo on November 24th 2011, 3:06 am

The color is great except when you look at it under direct sunlight. It has a lighter powdery appearance. I am 90% happy with the color. I definitely would choose this color again ( having owned many black cars) over black. I remember the e92 BMW was a PITA to keep clean since I never garaged it. I washed it just about every time I got gas and kept it waxed every month but dew and dust definitely is not a friend to black cars.
I wanted to go back and touch up a few areas but the weather was not cooperating so I called it quits and hung all the trim back on the car. It's done. The paint has a nice gloss to it and feels very durable as the only car wash it gets is when it rains here. My neighbor was asking how much I paid for my new car. Hahaha.

Nisbo
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffinpunch on August 13th 2014, 12:53 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but bang for the buck and the amount of effort that has gone into this job, this has to be the best result I've seen on the site! Sure, other members have taken extra time to wet sand down to 2500 grit before polish and they have beautiful mirror finishes, but those jobs take weeks and months to complete! I'm surprised more people haven't been using a Wagner to spray their cars. Ill be giving it a shot on my Subie in the next few months!

Muffinpunch
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : Powersports Designer, Polaris Industries Inc.
Project : '97 Subaru Impreza OBS ull color change
Registration date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top