83 cj7 brightside ...fire red

View previous topic View next topic Go down

83 cj7 brightside ...fire red

Post by jdwize on October 7th 2011, 5:17 pm

This is the cj after I ground off. Tons of bondo the po had wabbed on the rockers and the jeep stamped name after he hammered it flat I welded in patch panels made out of sheet metal I didn't take a lot of pics of that anyway I ground the welded down covered them in metal to metal then rage filler then block sanded

Last edited by jdwize on October 8th 2011, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
jdwize
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 83 cj7 brightside ...fire red

Post by jdwize on October 8th 2011, 6:49 pm

Well my pics didn't load up ill figure it out kinda think maybe the bucket of mineral spirits I dropped my phone in has something to do with it lol
I have been working on this jeep since the end of Aug

It was a soup sandwich when I got it home but we got it pretty cheap and I wanted to brush up on my. Autobody skills. I have an 88 mustang GT
That will be m y next victim I have learned a lot not only from trial and error but from this site it has helped me out greatly and I thank you all for shared knowledge the rolling paint job is for me all the way my neighbors think Iam crazy in my driveway with rollers in both hands oh yeah they thought that anyway
And I would def recommend this painting method if you have a car with ate up clearcoat or fading whatever don't primer it or flat black it (eventhough I dig flat black on hot rods ) get some rollers and read up on this site a little hard work and you will dig the results and to the ney sayers blah blah
Throw your money at some go fast parts or whatever I have heard it all from a cpl know it all neighbors one by the way recently had a paint job he was happy with and paid for Orange peeeeel sorry to tell him I got better results with a roller lol and when I can I will post pics. Thanks again to everyone on here for all the great info
jdwize
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retired plumber on October 8th 2011, 10:13 pm

Damm phone................... Your lucky it didn't go in lacquer thinner. Everything would have melted together.
Mike
retired plumber
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1004
Job/hobbies : retired honey does and the occasional custom car (old school)
Project : figuring out how to do metalflake
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://glasaholic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jdwize on October 8th 2011, 10:51 pm

Yes very luck lol ... I gotta say its a durable phone threw it in a bag of rice to dry it out ....my kids showed me that it usally works also if you ever get your phone wet the way that sprint att verison ect can tell is a little watermark on your battery changes just learned that aswell lol
jdwize
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 63Falconconvert on October 10th 2011, 1:05 pm

I got my phone wet one time, took it to Verizon, told them there was something wrong with it, he asked if I had gotten it wet and I said no why? He pulls off the battery and shows me the "dot" and it changes color when wet...BUSTED...LOL warranty is void.
63Falconconvert
1000+ Poster
1000+ Poster

Number of posts : 1275
Job/hobbies : Sales welding supplies
Project : 1963 Falcon Convertible
Registration date : 2009-04-06

View user profile https://bobs1963fordfalconconvertible.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jdwize on October 11th 2011, 1:37 pm

Haven't put up any pics. But I have been rolling on the fire red brightside interlux.
It has gone well until last night. Wetsanded the entire vehicle washed let dry tack cloth
Put on a coat looked great but the hood went to Hell looks like someone sprayed red primer on it I have the hood removed I painted from the same batch as the rest of the truck and it looks great. Really bummed up till now the hood was perfect and I coulda got away without that last coat I will post pics and a full description of everything I have done when I get my pc back. I have been posting from my phone
jdwize
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top