Well, someone requested some pictures, so here they aren't.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well, someone requested some pictures, so here they aren't.

Post by russosborne on December 29th 2011, 10:37 pm

Not much to look at yet. A LONNNNNGGGGGG way from paint. Was hoping to get it going before this coming summer, but have pretty much ran out of money, at least for the big stuff, for now.

Car came with a 350 and a TH350 trans. I really want to change those, but they both work so might have to stick with them for now. Already have an aluminum radiator for it. Bigger than the stock one. Want to use the Lincoln MkVIII electric fan if I can find one. Have a decent set of used coated headers and a 2.25 inch Pypes exhaust(also used)(gotta love craigslist) that will be fine for now with the 350. I have a 700R4 overdrive trans that would need to be rebuilt that I was going to use, but have since found out about a mid 80's gm version of a Mopar manual 4speed transmission that the 4th gear is overdrive, and I will be driving this car a lot. I like to shift gears. Both our 2010 Subaru and my currently needing repairs 97 Explorer(not the source of the parts below) are 5speeds.
Rear end is currently a plain old pontiac 8.2 inch 10 bolt. I really want to go with a Ford nine inch since I know much more about Fords being a Ford guy most of my life and I know just what those need. Going to come down to money though. Crying or Very sad

This is going to be a semi GTO clone. I just really like the GTO nose much more. Having had a real one back in the '80s might have something to do with that. Laughing

Interior is going to be pretty much completely not stock. I am using bucket seats from a 97 Ford explorer for the front. No rear seat. Hope to have a roll bar going in at some point.

Electrical will be custom built by me. Using a lot of stuff from MAD Electrical, and have a complete harness from the same 97 Explorer. Battery will be in the trunk. Fuse block will either be in the trunk or in the back seat area. Just too big and old to enjoy getting under the dash anymore.

Fiberglass GTO one piece tilt front end. Fiberglass trunk lid. Seriously thinking about Lexan windows except for the door glass and windshield. Either way the rear quarter windows will not be operational. Have the dual cut out rear valence panel also.

Not sure about body color yet. I am drawn towards a bright yellow, maybe with black flames. Yes, I like to be different. Wink

Have lots of rust repairs to do. Going to be an interesting experience. I lived most of my life in Phoenix, Arizona. Out there we don't even know what rust is. Twisted Evil

Let's see if I can get pictures on here. Hmm, looks like I can't right now. darn it. I guess I have to use an online site to host them unless I am missing something. Pictures to come. I hope. I haven't had much luck with doing pictures that way. Neutral

Update, I have some on imageshack, but for some reason I can't login to it. Might be because I am at work.

Russ[img][/img]

Last edited by russosborne on December 29th 2011, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
russosborne
Rank
Rank

Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : electronic tech. Model and real cars,final fantasy video games
Project : 1970 Pontiac Lemans
Registration date : 2011-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Well, someone requested some pictures, so here they aren't.

Post by Tommy Hillbilly on December 30th 2011, 2:28 am

russosborne wrote:Let's see if I can get pictures on here. Hmm, looks like I can't right now. darn it. I guess I have to use an online site to host them unless I am missing something.
That's the easiest way.
Whatever you do, you should keep it all Pontiac under the hood.
Back in the mid '70s, my neighbor who was in high school had a '71 or '72 Lemans Sport, burnt orange with a black vinyl top, buckets, console, 350 dual exhaust, (I believe he added some Thrushes or Cherrybombs) and genuine Pontiac honeycomb wheels - no GTO style Endura bumper though. He ditched the honeycombs for Cragers, and had the car painted brown. He added an AM/FM 8 track system as well. That was the first time I ever saw a tape inserted through the radio dial!
Later, he ditched the Cragers and put some Ralley IIs on it. I woulda kept the honeycombs and burnt orange.
Tommy Hillbilly
400+ Poster!
400+ Poster!

Number of posts : 598
Project : 1988 Mustang GT convertible
Registration date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well, forum won't let me do pictures yet.

Post by russosborne on January 4th 2012, 5:26 pm

Figures. I am not allowed to post any url or links since I am a new member for seven days. I thought it had already been that long, but I am old and time doesn't work right anymore. Rolling Eyes
Russ
russosborne
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pictures finally?

Post by russosborne on January 11th 2012, 10:26 pm

testing to see if I can add pictures yet.

this is what the car looked like when I got it home.
Russ
russosborne
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russosborne on January 11th 2012, 10:29 pm

Yay, it worked! Very Happy
The avatar picture is what it looks like right now.
The below isn't my car, but it is an 70 A body and is how I will be working on the bottom side.
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/16/05/86/a_body10.jpg

I have more pictures on Imageshack, but for some reason I can't log on there from work anymore.

Hmm, not sure why it doesn't show the picture this time. I'm too old for this new fangled computer stuff sometimes I think.

Russ
russosborne
Rank
Rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top